RE: [ST] Mileage

Dunno if there's one definitive answer.  From tire reps, I've heard
it's underinflation or incorrect balancing; from dealers, it's the
difference in the tire manufacturing methods/materials; from
mechanics, that it's the riding/braking style.

What surprises me is that you've been able to correct a cupping
situation, once it's already developed.

Mike