RE: [ST] Mileage

I used to have a Concours that ran Dunlop 205's and 220's.   You want
cupping, Dunlop has cupping.  I talked to their tech guy who was really
straight with his answer.  He said there are two things that cause
abnormal cupping.  One was tire design and the other was rider style.
First, all motorcycle tires cup, it is the nature of the beast.  The
question is how much.   If your tire has big blocks like the Dunlop's did,
there is uneven pressure on the block causing the front and rear of the
block to wear at different rates.   Then there is style.  Brake late,
brake hard, cupping increases.  That's what he said and it makes sense.