[ST] RE: ST-triumphnet.com Digest, Vol 5, Issue 14

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 15:18:11 -0500
From: George K <gkeslin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ST] More IDIOTS...becareful out there!!!!
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just read in this morning's paper where a local Harley rider was side
swiped by a pickup truck and killed yesterday afternoon.  Apparently the
pickup driver decided to pass the car in front of him and came over into
the opposing lanes right in front of the Harley.  The truck side swiped
both the car and the bike sending both off the road.  The car's driver was

treated and released, pick up boy was unscratched, but the Harley rider
wasn't so lucky.  The IDIOT driving the truck was cited for "improper
overtaking".  What a steaming pile of crap that is!  This really hits home

cause this is a road I use a LOT be it car, truck, or bike.  In fact, Barb

and I rode through the spot where this happened shortly after breakfast
yesterday (we took a different route home).  Makes my blood boil!!!!

Last year a drunk pickup truck driver (.12 IIRC) killed a rider last year
and messed up the passenger petty badly near my daughter's house.  All he
got was a slap on the wrist!  I guess it pays to be mayor even if it is
for
some little speck on the map.

Just shows to go ya, motorcyclists don't count for a hill of beans.  Time
to mount the RPG on the bike again.

Be careful out there!!!!!

George

This is indeed a timely post.  A fellow member of a Triumph based
organization I belong to here in the NE was killed over the weekend while
riding his Daytona.  He is known to a few on this board - Denoose, Ken M
and Rupert (there may be others) and his loss has hit the group we belong
to very hard as he was a much-beloved member of our group, to say nothing
of his wife and family he leaves behind (mercifully - if that is a term
that can be used here, he had no kids as he was married just this past
summer).  I do not know the full details but I believe it involved an 87
year old driver doing a u-turn (illegal or otherwise) on a road in CT.  He
was traveling with 3 others from our group on a normal, common ride we do
all the time.  We ride safe and fast and he was a more than competent
rider who had both the Daytona and a BRG Tiger - he liked Triumphs.  He
will be missed by more than he will know and I wish him Godspeed.

Adam was by far the funniest writer I have met - he did an Iron Butt with
Rupert recently and he did a write up which is fantastic - not sure if
Rupert posted a link or not.  I will leave it to him to decide if he
should as the write-up is on his own personal web site.  If you read it,
don't be drinking coffee as you do :)

RIP Adam Bell - gone but never forgotten.