[ST] Re: ST-triumphnet.com Digest, Vol 5, Issue 15

RE: Adam's loss

Like others have stated, I'd like to offer my sincere condolences to those
who knew Adam.  He sounds like a wonderful person.
Unfortunately, he is now the third person in under a year about whom I've
heard dying in exactly the same circumstances - all very competent,
careful riders who only rode while dressed in the best gear.  There is a
lesson to be learned from these tragedies - NEVER assume that because a
person turning left in front of you has stopped he/she will remain that
way until you've gone by.  Car drivers (not criminals) somehow have a
difficult time judging the speed of motorcycles and frequently
miscalculate.  I always slow WAY down in these situations and plot an
escape route.

Paul S.