[ST] RE: ST-triumphnet.com Digest, Vol 5, Issue 16

Message: 15
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:24:30 +0000
From: david.funk@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Accidents (was (mandatory jail (was IDIOTS))
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As you say "And we should be liable for screw ups. "
That is what civil courts are for, and they work very well in this
country. Jail is for crime.

David W. Funk
Pleasanton, CA

Complete BS - they work very well if you have a shit load of money for
blood-sucker lawyers - or are prepared for the said lawyers to take a shit
load of any settlement YOU deserve.  I make no apologies here for my
severe of dislike for lawyers and the law in general - it stinks and
justice can be bought (both here and in the UK) - Jackson and OJ prove
that beyond doubt.

There is this whole issue of personal responsibility in this country - I
am English and I have to say that Americans just don't GET it (or a good
proportion of Americans).  You get in a car (please don't get me started
on the whole issue of driving regs over here - the driving test, what a
complete f***ing joke, DUI - it is NOT considered a crime over here to
anywhere near the same extent as in Europe - something about infringing on
civil liberties I am sure) you have a RESPONSIBILITY to all the other
people on the road to drive safely - if you have an incident (what
happened to Adam was NOT an accident - he HAD rights as well you know)
then if you were negligent YOU are responsible and should pay accordingly.
I don't give a f**k if the person driving is 25, 35 or 87 - as the guy
said it is like handling fire-arms - if someone loosened of a few rounds
in downtown Boston by "mistake" would THAT be an accident - nope, didn't
think so.

I wasn't there (someone on this list was however) so I don't know the full
circumstances but knowing Adam and the way he rode, he WAS covering his
brakes, slowing down etc. I'm sure of it and the woman still turned - from
what I know about the incident she is guilty as hell and should pay.  I
hope Adam's poor wife takes her and her insurance company for every dime
she can.