[ST] Not being seen, accident, and BS

OK, I've seen the horse manure about nobody's fault and it's an accident.
We cannot be held accountable, it must be somebody else's fault. Boy that
sound familiar.
When or if I have one I hope I'm man enough to say I made a mistake.
We rack 'em up if they were drinking even at the legal limit, (and no, I do
not favor drinking ANYTHING and driving), but let them skip away by calling
it an accident if they are just bad drivers.
Here in Texas a eighty year old man just killed the second rider backing
out of the same driveway. Is that still an accident? I don't think so but
his lawyer and he says it is.
IMHO a disaster happens when someone does not pay attention. True we as
humans loose concentration but we made a mistake. It was no accident.
We flash our lights which is not good, we weave, we do all sorts of things.
But remember, these same folks who just do not pay attention also do not
see eighteen wheeled trucks or even freight trains. There is about one
wreck a month where someone pulled in front of a train. Last time I looked
a train was definitely larger and has a brighter light than a motorcycle.
We even had one three months ago where the car driver ran into the train.
IN THE SIDE!
We make ourselves feel better by saying it was an accident and therefore
I'm not really to blame. The bottom line is someone made a bad error in
judgement and/or a mistake. An accident is when the good maintained tire
blows out or the dog ran in front of you not giving you time to stop if you
saw it.
How do we expect them to ever see us if they don't see the darn train?

Jack Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon"
Que Lastima