[ST] 45t Steel Sprocket

>Thanks guys.
>Both AFAM and JT make them but don't sell them in the US.
[dlearl]

Rod-Who did you talk to?  I got a quote on both steel and hardened Al. from
Drive Systems, the US AFAM dist.
http://www.afamusa.com/

FWIW, the sales guy told me the steel sprocket is FOUR POUNDS heavier than
the aluminum one.  Having durability tested a hardened aluminum sprocket vs.
steel on my F650 in a lot of miles of dirt*, I don't think the extra
un-sprung weight is worth it.  Then again, if you're selling your bike....
Personally, I can't wait to get my OEM steel one off and an aluminum one on,
along with the Ohlins that's now sitting on my garage shelf!  As soon as I
get my Q-Ds from Team Triumph, it's "Sprint Day" (30,000 miler) in my
garage.

*I got 2,000 more miles out of my SS hardened aluminum sprocket than I did
my OEM steel one, but I lubed it more often.  YMMV.

David
'99ST