From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
brettwilson21@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 11:36 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] We're back

After three action packed weeks we're finally back safe and sound from
our trip around Alaska.

We're still working on our trip report to the Arctic Circle. Theres some
stiff competition to keep up with so we'll see how we go.

I know quite a few people on this list ride Harleys but I cant resist a
little dig.

While boarding the plane in San Francisico, we got chatting with a bunch
of blokes decked out in Harley livery. The conversation went something
like this:

Me: "Hey what have you blokes been up to?"

HD crowd: "We've been to Sturgis!"

Me: "Whats Sturgis?"

HD: "Only the biggest bike rally in the world. Over 750,00 bikes, its
bigger than Daytona!" (Condescention very evident at the fact that I
didnt know this)

Me: "Wow, that sounds great! We've just done a trip to the Arctic
Circle. It was an awesome ride. What sort of ride did you blokes do to
get to Sturgis?"

HD: "Oh, ummm...we didnt...."

End of conversation.

I'm still catching up on the 250+ emails, but of course the one that we
never want to see is the news of a life cut so tradgically short of a
fellow motorcyclist. Our deepest sympathies and condolences to the
family and friends of Adam.

Hope everyone is well.

Brett & Sharyn
05 ST