[ST] Epiphany

I was watching the 125GP from Germany last night (on tape) and saw a high side.  While watching it over and over and analyzing what I saw, I had a thought.

Is it possible to cause a high side during the transition from one turn to another?  Reason being, I don't remember my rear end sliding out then grabbing NOR did the person I was passing.  He told my partner he didn't se the rear slide.  He saw me make (what looked like a correction in steering input) then Boom.

After analyzing the race last night and playing things over in my mind, I still don't ever remember feeling the rear slide, but I do remember transitioning from left turn to right turn then BAM.  I also remember that turn 9 was fast approaching and I needed to pass and position myself to execute the turn.

After thinking about it, I thought, what if I forced the front wheel counter steer from left to right too abruptly which made the bike snap up and during the transition (with me also transitioning my weight/body position) throw me?  The distance between turn 8 & 9 at Jennings must only be a few hundred feet.  Traveling at 88ft/sec I would have only had a few seconds to process and perform the needed input to execute turn 9, so it's very possible I forced it too fast.

I think it seems like a very plausible theory.  What does the collective think?

Also, if anyone out there has a Silicon Graphics workstation at their disposal could you try to simulate that scenario to prove/disprove it?

Regards,
Rich