From: brettwilson21@xxxxxxx
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] We're back
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:36:06 -0400

After three action packed weeks we're finally back safe and sound from our trip
around Alaska.

We're still working on our trip report to the Arctic Circle. Theres some stiff
competition to keep up with so we'll see how we go.

I know quite a few people on this list ride Harleys but I cant resist a little
dig.

While boarding the plane in San Francisico, we got chatting with a bunch of
blokes decked out in Harley livery. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "Hey what have you blokes been up to?"

HD crowd: "We've been to Sturgis!"

Me: "Whats Sturgis?"

HD: "Only the biggest bike rally in the world. Over 750,00 bikes, its bigger
than Daytona!" (Condescention very evident at the fact that I didnt know this)

Me: "Wow, that sounds great! We've just done a trip to the Arctic Circle. It was
an awesome ride. What sort of ride did you blokes do to get to Sturgis?"

HD: "Oh, ummm...we didnt...."

End of conversation.

I'm still catching up on the 250+ emails, but of course the one that we never
want to see is the news of a life cut so tradgically short of a fellow
motorcyclist. Our deepest sympathies and condolences to the family and friends
of Adam.

Hope everyone is well.

Brett & Sharyn
05 ST