[ST] Epiphany

>I think it seems like a very plausible theory.  What does the collective think?

It's hard to visualize simply based on your explanation (which was very good, I'm just slow) but if what I think you're describing is what happened, I think that if you simply counter-steered before shifting your weight to the other side it's very plausible that it could cause a high-side.
True, they counter-steer quicker in MotoGP, AMA etc.  But the key, I think, is doing it smoothly and, like comedy, timing is everything.  I could certainly visualize myself getting out of whack and messing up.  One way I combat this is to take a nice scenic ride in the Red Rock SRA and do "the pace".  Since I can I add: full lean/knee drag and stay (mostly) within the 40 mph speed limit.  It may look stupid to others seeing me attempt a knee down at 40 mph, but doing the "ballet" in slow motion really helps when the pace is quicker and it really counts.

David
'99ST