Re: [ST] Buell

They're calling the Ulysses the Adv-Tourer...

Now you see why we doubt that it will be an effective adv-tour bike...

Dan

>>> Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/22/05 8:16 AM >>>
I went to the Buell website and didn't see an Buell Adv. Tourer.  Is it
so new that they don't have it on their website yet?

They just show the Ulysses, FireBolt, Lightning, and Blast.  Plus,
Buell's use a Harley engine.  Did harley develop an engine that doesn't
need a valve adjust?  To my knowledge, the high performance engines on
F1 use hydraulic valves because of the high RPM's.  Same thing with the
Aprillia MotoGP bike.  So, since Buell use the low RPM high torque
V-Twin pig thumper, I find it interesting that it would have hydraulic
valves.  I might be able to believe doing away with push rods and using
hydraulics, but the engine is based on the sportster push rod engine.
Does it still use push rods?

I'm doubting you, only because I can't find any information and the
Ulysses tech info doesn't make mention of no valve adjustments.  Once
would think that'd be an important selling point to mention.

Rich