[ST] Speaking of heat...

Jeremy,
The drag strip guys have been using that stuff for a long time.  A bunch
of Kawi Concours drivers tried it too with mixed results.  When I looked
into it my opinion was to go with a ceramic or similar coating rather than
a wrap.  The theory was that wraps or coating reflected the heat into the
exhaust stream rather than radiating it. Supposedly a by product was
increased velocity of the exhaust stream and more horse power.  Serveral
Connie drivers said it reduced leg heat considerably.  Several also
complained of pipes rusting faster with wraps. The coating companies toss
a lot of numbers at you about reduced under hood temp and increased hp,
but those are car applications.
Hope this helps,
Rod