[ST] RE: ST-triumphnet.com Digest, Vol 5, Issue 38

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 06:58:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: <pjs962003-sprintst@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [ST] RE: ST-triumphnet.com Digest, Vol 5, Issue 34
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

steve,

i couldn't agree more. i have been lurking on this board for almost 5 months
now. i enjoy reading some post and not others. when one is not sprint
related and i don't wish to read it i simply DELETE it. sorry to rant, but i
enjoy and have learned a lot reading this list. as far local traffic
accidents. while i didn't know adam bell (i enjoyed reading his iron butt
ride posted a while back) that would be considered a local traffic accident,
and i would hate not knowing that fellow riders suffered a loss...

stepping off the soap box...

See below on the "local accident" comment.

philip
03 sprint st the royal banana in dallas

----------a snip or two

>Local kibitzing (minor ride reports and local
>traffic accidents) on an international list is also a major no-no;) Who's
>running the show???
>
>Bob Nixon 01 Sprint ST 50 K miles
>Chandler, AZ

First off, Bob, glad to see you getting back to yer old ornery self.
Condescending? Not at all, just opinionated. Good onya.

BUT.

This list is not just about SPRINT anymore. We have grown beyond that. I
hope everyone here is OK with that. It is just the nature of the beast,
It's what keep the list viable and alive. WE are centered on the Sprint
but realize that motorcycling in general is what we all really have in
common. Many original members have moved on to other bikes but still want
to be a part of this unique collective. I say, that is a GOOD thing.

We are still focused on the Sprint here and always will be. Endless
technical threads support that. But what is wrong with the occasional off
topic thread just to keep things lively?

And as for minor ride reports, I don't believe there is such a thing. Ride
reports are of major import to me.........

And ahhhhh, "local" traffic accidents? Are there any other kind? How about
yours?
^^^^^^
I think most of you' all missed my meaning or I just wasn't clear with my
writing. If someone on this list or someone you know goes down, then yes.
certainly it should be included in your post for sharing with other listers.
However, if it's just a clip from your local metro web page or other news
service about some squid going down you didn't know, we all have those
things happening in the major metros. IOW, it's non-specific and depressing.

As to going outside the Sprint walls. We can all get the latest FJR-1300
ride report from the rags. And Steve, these naked rides like the Yammi
FZ-1000 or others, why bother? The Sprint, VFR, Futura & Duc ST4s are
dedicated Euro style bantamweight Sport Tourers. ST-1300's and FJR-1300's
IMHO have more in common with a Honda Goldwing than the Sprint. IOW, if you
expand the confines too far there's really nothing left to draw folks in.
Personally, I'm involved with 3 other online lists that deal with a broader
scope of MC's. AMS, plus our local AZ group "Scratchers- team chicken
strips" and The SoCal/AZ Sab/Mag list. Each one has some focus, but not
necessarily a specific MC as this one and the SabMag list.

Let's all share whatever we have to share, and all get along and inspire
each other in this glorious addiction, Sprint centered but not exclusive,
mmmmmkay?

Sure Steve, but I get the impression that the Sprint is considered the
underdog here. The bigger US (Japanese) favorites get more accolades and VFR
owners seem to outnumber the Sprints???