Re: [ST] Not trumpet related, but it was a good letter to the editor.

Too bad at the local shop here, a fresh 05 liter GSXR only put out 138 at the rear wheel. After 1200 miles of light break in, I think the testing they performed was on the prototype, with a custom mapped computer, a decent looking pipe, and some other accessories. Drive line losses are not over 10% on a bike! they claimed 165 or 168 initially, but the one's you would buy at the dealer are not even pushing the 148ish they should be. Don't get me wrong, they are fast as hell, but I just hate how most OEM's over rate their good by so much, and use special mods/builds to show dyno tunes. And this isn't the first one I've heard of on this, nor just with Suzuki. From everything that's going on, seems more like it's all the jap bikes, and then some.

Thfwsf@xxxxxxx wrote:I was reading the letters to the editor in the recent Motorcyclist rag. One
of them really got my attention. I'm going to copy it here. I thought it
was hilarious....

"So the new Gixxer has 178 horsepower and weighs just 366 pounds. Great,
wonderful, fantastic ...let "bring out your dead" ring throughout the land.
And why not? Natural selection has been having a hard time keeping up, and it
wouldn't hurt for a squid to be put on the endangered-species list. Like
everyone else I'm getting wood over the GSX-R, and being in my 50s, that's
saying something. But given the disparity between bike and rider competence,
Suzuki might want to add vultures to its accessory catalog."

Brought back images of Monty Python, and vultures as accessories... priceless

Tom