RE: [ST] For what it's worth

-----Original Message-----
From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Matt
Heyer
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 8:08 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] For what it's worth

<<SNIP>>
MATT WROTE:
Unfortunately, I can't see that happening.  The Daytona is their
"super-sport" offering, and even that is not supposed to directly
compete with the GSXR/ZX/CBR/R.  The say it is more of a real world
sports bike.  So you have the race replicas like the GSXR/etc, then a
step back is the Daytona,
<<SNIP>>
I agree Matt.  It seems the Daytona is going to be the sporty one.  However, it should be able to compete with the rice burners.  It just needs more HP and less weight.  Based on what the MotoGP guys can do with triples, there's alot of potential there.  Triumph just needs to do it.

<<SNIP>>
MARC WROTE:
> What's needed (IMHO) is an RS with the 1050 motor tuned for more HP,
> less weight and a better adjustable suspension.

<<SNIP>>

ABSOLUTELY!, but anything with a 1050 with more HP and less weight.  BUT, Matt is right - see above.