Re: [ST] DIY Fork Maintenance

Those aren't drain screws, they hold the damper rods in place. You have to sit there pushing up on the damper rod to get the oil to drain and that's not a lot of fun (especially if you don't take the pressure off the damper rods by removing the springs first). Removing the forks isn't that much more effort and then you can inspect and clean your forks much more closely.

Dan Wallander
Albuquerque, NM

I'll probably use an allen socket.  I've thought that replacing the fork
oil might be easier by just pulling the front wheel and taking out those
screws out.  I know it's not that much easier but you wouldn't have to
take the forks, fender and calipers off.  What do you think?
Rod