[ST] for Richard - watching Laguna Seca

By FAR your best bet is to camp at the track but you'll have to be quick,... last year all the camping was sold out by Thanksgiving. I know $45 is steep but even if you can find a place to camp outside the track be prepared to spend 3-4 hours on Sat. & Sun. JUST getting in & out of the track. A $100-per-night motel room is an impossible dream.
I lived there for a dozen years and camping between Santa Cruz and Big Sur is rare.

There are no grandstands which are good for racewatching, they all have a very limited view field. Most people buy general admission and sit & watch from the hills all around the track. Good luck and have fun!
doggydoo - - - - o&\o