been getting with my 03. Which I always thought was kind of low. The
best I've seen was about 44mpg US (droning around 70-75).

Dan

>>> Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/1/2005 10:14 AM >>>
that sounds about right. If you were bone dry you'd be up around
230ish miles. I vary between 45-49 MPG too, so what's the worry?

-----Original Message-----
From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Pat
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:09 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Concerning fuelconsumption - updated

returning to this thread which was delayed due to injury (groin starin
ooooch), flu and snowstorms.
as a weekly commute where im filtering past irate cage drivers in the
morning, having a short blast home at the lunchtime and a mixture at
tea
time, i measured my fc.
i hit the petrol station this am and filled up with:
4.088 UK gallons (18.56l)
That was after 190 miles.
Which works out 46.58 mpg or 16.475 km/l

im trying this exercise again but keeping revs down below 4000 to see
what
difference this does. Just doesnt make sence doing it but i keep
telling
myself its an experiment! ; )

Step 2 will be to take the bike out on a full tank and give it a long
distance run at a conservative steady speed, as practiced by some of
our
european cousins.(must make sure that i take some sort of stimulant to
stop
drowsiness and put classical music or perhaps a storybook on the
iShuffle)

Step 3 will then be to take the bike out and get from A to B in the
quickest
possible time (within certain legal considerations) as practiced by
many of
my British compatriates! lol (Music will include NiN, Ramones, Clash,
Killing Joke etc etc)

--
Pat
www.amag.org.uk