Re: [ST] Cooling fan kinda loud?

Definitely good advice Nathan. I will do that, of course no harm in letting her sit in the garage for now. Not sure if I really do have a problem yet but will give her a good going over before I head out again. Probably won't be until the snow melts.
  Thanks to you all for the advice and ideas.
  Kevin

Nathan Maher <nate@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Kevin,

Are you sure it's the fan that you're hearing? Early Sprint models had
an issue with the fuel pump or maybe it was the fuel sending unit, I
can't exactly remember. It sounds kind of like a noisy fan and IIRC the
noise will come from the right hand side of the bike. I don't think that
it's really a problem other than the bothersome noise. Mine was replaced
by my dealer and now only rarely makes the noise.

Either way you should take the bike to a dealer at some point and have
them run the VIN to make sure that all of the appropriate recall work has
been done. At a minimum they'll probably have to take a look at the fuel
fittings and depending on the VIN you may get a new rear wheel bearing.

Best of luck,

Nate
00SprintRS