From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sprint ST
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 9:15 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] OK, another oil thread...

Jeremy,
You right on the money about the acid, but I'm not sure if your solution
is totally correct.  In my opinion (and some others too), dump the oil
and filter.  I would also run it up to operating temps as sort of a
flush of the acids with new oil.  The real damage of acids is when they
do set on bearings, etc for a long time.  Also, I would fill it with an
oil like Amsoil which has super good acid buffers. (there are others,
I'm not selling Amsoil) I would then just run it when the spring comes.
Like was said previously, it's good oil and you are just wasting both
money and oil.