Re: [ST] Triumph's absence at the shows

Garry,

  I am interested to know where you get your statistics. My perspective ( an admittedly local one ) is that they do not sell all their bikes, and what they do sell is nowhere near MSRP. For instance, I paid $5700 for my 2002 RS, purchased new as a leftover in early 04. And I saw numerous leftovers ( of several models ) at several dealers while I was searching. I am not saying you are wrong, only that it doesnt look that way in my part of the world. Curious to know what is happening in the rest of the country...

  I to am sorry to learn that they are not attending the show, but I understand their reasons. The shows, and the unions that supply labor for those shows, are ridiculous in their restricitions. It makes it hard for the little guy. Triumph might not be that little, but they are not that big ( compared to the big 4, anyway ) either. As a local business owner and product dealer ( in the Audio industry ) I have looked at purchasing show space at our local related events, which BTW, are held at the same facility as the Moto Show. The pricing for even a small booth, and the mandatory labor you MUST hire to transport/ set up for you was absolutley ridiculous...so much so that one time at a trade seminar, there was actually a class about displaying at these shows. The one thing I got out of it ?  If you cant spend at least $50,000 ( as a small , local dealer ) stay at home.... And that was years ago. I can only imagine what it would cost for a properly done display/presence at the
 manufacturers' level....

  John
  Northeastern Ohio

garrysimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  If they can sell every bike they make at close to MSRP without spending the big money to attend the show, where's the problem? Maybe they don't want to grow any faster than they already are. Rumor has it they want to spend that marketing money elsewhere. I expect we'll see a lot more ads in print magazines. Granted, skipping the show isn't going to bring along the clueless that don't even know Triumph is back, but the lack of good, local dealers probably hurts their sales more. There's a YamKawaHonZuki dealer near almost every decent sized city.

Garry