Re: [ST] Cooling fan kinda loud?

Hi John,
  Thanks for the tips on the Sprint. I still have the Suzuki but it is for sale, I don't intend to keep it but will still ride it on occasion. I will definitely see you all at breakfast again, may not be until spring but I will show up from time to time. Maybe come to the Christmas party of the Clevelandrats are having one. I joined the Triumph RAT yesterday online, so I can look forward to my issue of Torque.
  Kevin

John Ulizzi <jaulizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Kevin,

the cooling fan cycles normally... it comes on at a specific temp, I forget exactly what it is. And yes, , the fan can be a little loud at low speed. Did you sell the Suzuki or are you keeping it as a beater? looking forward to seeing you and your new ride at breakfast sometime...

John U.

Kevin Byram wrote:
I got my '01 Sprint ST about a month ago, but due to weather in NE Ohio, haven't been out but a couple times on it. I noticed that the cooling fan runs all the time and sometimes sounds a bit obtrusive at low speeds. I assume this is normal, never had a water cooled bike before, my last ride was an '82 Suzuki.
Is the fan meant to cycle on and off or does it go all the time?
Thanks,
Kevin