Re: [ST] 99 ST

My 2002 RS had the old style connectors as well....

Chris Harwood <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I can't agree in the fuel connectors. I think most, if not all, 955s
well past 2000 had a recall on those. My 00 RS certainly did.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> slawler@xxxxxxxxxxx 09/12/2005 10:27:43 >>>
In a previous email, Marc Van Est stated:
> Hi all,
>
> a mate has spotted a very low mileage '99 ST for sale. Its advertised
as having less than 15 000kms on it.

> He's keen to go look at it, but someone told him the '99 was prone to
camshaft problems.

> Is that true? Are there any other week points he should watch out for
?

The person who told your mate that did not come to the Great Fountain
of
Sprint Knowledge. You did. The only camshaft problem that I've heard
about was on the TT. Never on any of the 955 engines.

Other things to watch for:
The fuel sender. If the gauge says empty when the tank is full it needs

to be replaced. That was a recall. The second issue senders would leak

due to a faulty sealant. The third....Well, the third time is a charm.

No fuel connector problems as the 99 and 00 Sprints had better
connectors.

Other recalls:
Crankcase bolts and center stand. For more info go to:
http://www.triumphnet.com/ Click on FAQ\Recalls

I seem to recollect an alternator problem but that may have only been
on
the 855 bikes.

The best darned advice that I've ever seen on buying a used bike:
http://www.clarity.net/~adam/buying-bike.html

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Somewhere on this globe, every ten seconds, there is a woman giving
birth to a child. She must be found and stopped."
-- Sam Levenson