From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Ulizzi
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 9:53 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Multiple posts.....

Is it just me or is anyone else two or three copies of just about
every post ?

  Virtually every post since sometime over the night ( and there sure
have been alot of them today ) are showing up in duplicate or even
tripicate in my mail server...

  Just wondering....

  John

MFay@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
  > Service on the Beemers has been spotty at the best

The last service on my ST was frankly appalling but that's a fault
with the
dealer, not with Triumph.

> I'm pretty well fed up with BMW customer care.

I did write to Triumph customer care to try to get clarification on my
warranty and recall issues. They didn't even bother to reply. If
customer
care don't care then why should the dealers?

> I buy a bike to ride, not to trade in,
> and you can't get much riding done when the bike is in the shop,

Me too. More than that, the bike is (or at least was until very
recently) my
livelihood. It's hard to earn a days pay when you're off the road
waiting
six weeks for a brake disc. I'm lucky enough to have multiple bikes to
choose from ('04 Sprint ST, '00 Guzzi California EV Touring, '75
Goldwing)
but Triumphs representatives in Ireland didn't seem to think that
taking six
weeks to replace an obviously warped disc was a big issue.

At the end of the day a bad dealer can do a lot of damage to a brands
reputation and desirability in a specific area. Not a big problem with
the
Japanese big four, there's another dealer 20 miles away. It's a bigger
problem for niche marques like KTM, BMW, Guzzi, Triumph etc... The
factory
needs to make sure that the dealers tow the line and at the same time
support them in delivering outstanding customer service. The customer
shouldn't walk away just satisfied (Suzuki can do that), they should
walk
away whistling with delight. The shows are a perfect opportunity for
the
factory to deal directly with the public, find out what their issues
and
misconceptions are and remedy them, find out what their perceived
strengths
are and leverage them and above all, put their best foot forward and
simply
say, here's the product, try it, you'll like it and we'll look after
you and
make sure owning our product is a pleasant experience.

My .02 Euro,
Howlin'

The information contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted
with it is confidential and may be subject to legal professional
privilege. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s).
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please note
that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing,
copying or transmission of this e-mail and/or any file transmitted
with it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please promptly
inform the sender by reply e-mail and delete the material.
Whilst this e-mail message has been swept for the presence of
computer viruses, eircom does not, except as required by law,
represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity
of this communication has been maintained nor that
the communication is free of errors, viruses, interception or
interference.