Re: [ST] Weekend Spin

With most of the day committed to various chores, at 2.15pm i hopped onto
the bike on what was a rather mild Winters day. I headed out from Aberdeen
on a twisting A947 road towards Oldmeldrum.

Suddenly i was hit by gusts of wind that were not there in the city or the
suburbs. The bike was pushed to the outside of mylane as i approached a
corner. It was uncomfortable but i hoped they would calm down closer to the
hills.

>From behind the hills and from the sea suddenly black clouds swarmed in all
around me. Id only just started but knew i didnt want to head into the storm
so I cut cross country(A920) towards Ellon where it looked brighter, my
speed restricted by the increasing wind. The temperature dropping
uncomfortably.

Again i declined the Ellon option as the darkness swarmed from that area and
cut back towards Aberdeen on a quiet B999 road heading with the rain now
drowining out the music coming through the autocom. Held up briefly by a 3
car pile up which reminded me to watch out for the antics of the caged
drivers. the route was demanding in that the conditions and visibility made
it challenging.

I managed to rinse the salt off the bike before putting it in the dry as the
raindrops hit the house. Had i gone out earlier i'd have discovered a route
around the North East but even then the small run was a crumb of comfort.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=390000&Y=830000&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=&zm=0&scale=200000&down.x=190&down.y=5