From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Emile Nossin
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 4:10 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] [Off topic] My office...

>From: Pat
>as long as you dont ponder on which hand he holds the camera in while
>controlling the plane ; )
>>On 12/12/05, Ken Mitchell <kp.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> As an occasional airline passenger, I appreciate the awesome
>> responsibility you and your fellow pilots assume for our safety.

Being a Cat II approach, the captain did the flying (landing always
manual, F50 has no autolanding nor autothrottle). Two rubber bands
are enough to tie down my Casio EX-Z750 to the glareshield in front
of me, so it doesn't bother me in any way.

I don't really feel any heavy responsibility on my shoulders, I just
try to make sure that I can get home safely and, if possible, in
decent comfort. The consequence is usually that the passengers (and/
or cargo) have the same faith as I do :-). The feeling might become
a bit heavier though once my captain training starts (probably beginning
next year I think). Still, with the cockpit door being closed all the
time nowadays we don't really notice the passengers anymore :-(.
Actually, that can be a bad thing and a good thing. The passengers
on the flight of the clip were not happy landing in Amsterdam,
some even thinking we do this stuff on purpose to have the airplane
in Amsterdam on time (not knowing it remains at Eindhoven), or so
one started telling me when I shared the passenger bus with them
to the terminal, escorting to minors. Some people expect on-time
departures and zero technical problems all the time, but things
like the weather are still very much beyond our control...

Emile
www.piloot.com

This email forms part of an electronic communication sent to
the intended recipient or such person's authorised representative,
for the recipient's sole use and is subject to important legal
and regulatory restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers
("Email Legal Notice") that must be accessed by clicking here
<http://www.foschini.co.za/disclaimer.htm>
Or copy this address onto your Internet browser and process there.
The Email Legal Notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient
(or such person's authorised representative) in terms of section 11
(1) to 11 (3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act
No. 25 of 2002. By receiving, reading or acting upon this email,
you automatically be bound by the terms of the Email Legal Notice.