Re: [ST] Headlight Modulators

On 12/13/05, Masiak, Richard <Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Glad you should mention this topic.  I've thought about buying a headlight modulator, however, several people have indicated that it's illegal (at least here in Florida).
>
> Granted the sources of this information are, IMO, mentally challenged, but I could not find anything to either prove or disprove it as of yet.  I've searched the DMV website.  I've read through the drivers license manual for motorcycles again, and so far struck out.
>
> Any clues as to the legality of these?  I presume if so, it would vary from state to state.
>
> Rich

Rich,
After my friend Adam died another friend started to organize a
conspicuity party. The idea was to install headlight modulators, brake
light modulators, louder horns and reflective tape. The event has yet
to happen but he was suggesting this modulator
http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/DiamondStar/dshm.asp
and according to the manufacturer it is legal in all 50 states. It
would probably be wise to carry a copy of the DOT regulation/letter
with you.

The few times I have seen a bike with a headlight modulator it has
really caught my attention.
Rupert