Re: [ST] Random notes on projects

Did you try a longer lever arm?  Get a 4ft piece of schedule 80 pipe
that will fit over the breaker bar (or wrench) and try that...  It might
help, but an impact wrench should do the trick too.  Make sure you put
liberal amounts of penetrating oil on the threads around the nut before
you hit it with the impact.  I'd hate to see you strip the torx head...

Dan

>>> matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx 12/19/2005 9:37 AM >>>
At this point, the bike is no longer rideable as it is in pieces
(lots).  If I take it to the dealer, I'll probably be charged as the
bolt itself will turn, but with the nut on the back side turning as
well.  In order to get at the nut, body work and /or fuel tank need to
be removed.  With that sort of work, I doubt a "freeby" would be at
hand.  I think rather than pay, I'll use the money to invest in an
impact wrench that will have further value down the road....

  Matt Heyer

Joel Ashman <ashmite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Those are the type of bolts that I like swinging by the dealer and
asking
them to loosen them for you (then retighten somewhat for the ride home,
of
course)

Do you have a dealer handy? Or is the bike no longer rideable?

--J