Re: [ST] Random notes on projects

Which frame sliders are you using? I forget which one's I had, but it had a nut and stud from the inside, and an aluminum standoff on the outside with a hex head. I went and used a box end wrench from the top side (under the tank, with the airbox off) and a ratchet from the outside. Very easy job. If you are having problems with removal, I would use a Map Gas torch, if an Oxy-Ace isn't available, and apply light to medium heat on the inner nut. Then use a long breaker bar from the outside to remove. When reassembling, use never sieze on the stud! This will prevent this from happening again. If Map gas isn't available, you may be able to get away with propane.

  Justin

Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Unless your frame sliders mount vastly different (not probable as frame sliders are really a simple thing), I can see how removing the radiator could be useful - but not necessary. That is, not necessary if you remove the fuel tank, which is a much more simple removal in my book. That said too, removing the radiator would probably allow one to get an impact wrench on both ends (bolt and nut). So that route would have plusses if you have two impact wrenches.

Matt Heyer

Emile Nossin wrote:
>From: Matthew Heyer
>In order to get at the nut, body work and /or fuel tank
>need to be removed.

While all the body work was off (not too much work) to work
on the heated grips and pro-oiler, my shop also installed
the sliders. However he said he had to remove the radiator
to do it properly (Metisse sliders).

Emile
www.piloot.com