Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 9, Issue 41

Garry,
I agree that the stock lines are what we have become accustomed to calling
"stainless steel" brake lines.  The part of the line that carries the fluid
isn't stainless steel but in most cases nowadays is Teflon.  That's what
does not expand.  The SS is to armor or protect the Teflon.  Some SS lines
do not have SS at all, but protect the Teflon with something like Kevlar.
Personally I don't care.  I like the look of braided SS but really like the
feel. Even if they were stone cold ugly, they are just worth having.  That
is one area that Triumph did not cut corners.
Rod