Re: [ST] Safe 2006 (was RE: THROTTLE TWIST GRIP)

>From: Kevin Dicks
>Hi Emile - I was indeed at the military base in Celle for a few years in the
>late 80's.  I remember the Dutch base in Belsen (a tank unit was based there
>as I recall...I also remember the long hair and beards that made Dutch
>squaddies so unusual :)  I had my very first taste of Grolsch while in Celle
>- purchased from the Dutch NAAFI - still love Grolsch :)  It is indeed a
>small world... Glad you make it out OK. Kevin

Yep, I was a medic for the A squadron of the 41st Tank Batalion. It was cool
to hear about the international tank shooting matches where American pro's
with shaved heads and mean looks took on the long haired, ear-ringed, drafted
Dutchies... and lost (that contest at least, I was there in '93) :-). I was
one of the last guys that was still drafted, it's pro work now. I had a great
time, had my own YPR (sort of M3). Really cool to race thru the sand with
those Leopard II's, amazing technology. Reminds me to scan my pics I have
of that time, might bring up more memories for you :-).

Yesterday a nice cold Warsteiner in Dusseldorf after our flight, tonight no
Grolsch but Belgian Palm. Also very nice :-). Cheers!

Emile
www.piloot.com