From: Jay Welsh
Subject: [ST] ST - RS Differences

"The cockpit of the ST is mounted quite different
than the RS, but the side panels that mate to them are all the same."

Huh?

I don't believe that the ST and the RS share any plastic forward of the seat....but I have been wrong many times before  ;-)

unless "side panels" are the ones running to the tail section?

As Ken mentioned about the switch gear,  the throttle cable is different as well.  On the RS and later to match ST, the cable is a push pull arrangement of two cables rather than the single cable of the ST.  I think the Clutch cable was also different on the early ST as well.

Talking about the ability of the ST to carry bags....To fit them to the RS you would definitely need the ST foot peg brackets as those are lower to the ground and the backside is tapped to receive the Luggage carriers.

I also heard rumor somewhere along the way that the RS had a slightly lighter flywheel but can not verify that this is true.

Jay A. Welsh
'00 Sapphire ST