[ST] Rebuilding my hulk

I had a rear slide out on my right side in November, and the insurance
company totalled my bike.  2003 ST (5000 miles)

I'm planning on putting it back together.  I have ordered the obvious
parts that were broken, but there are still some questions I have.

Where do I get fairing fasteners?  I need the little plastic rivets, and
I need a couple new frame brackets.  I have a sense that aftermarket
would serve me better than hitting up the factory for these simple
parts.  (Are the brackets sold separately from the fairing?)

I'm also going to have to repair some of the holes and cracks in the
fairings, or take it to an expert.  Has anybody tried repairing their
own fairings?  I found a website that goes into the details: sand/liquid
fiberglass/sand/bondo/sand/clean/paint.
http://sportrider.com/tech/146_9510_hand/

I was going to take it to the shop for the oil change, but now that I'm
down and dirty with this bike, I'll do that myself as well.  Do I need
any special tools?

Oh, and I tried to remove my rear brake lever.  There's a spring, and a
clip.   I got both of those off, but the pivot point is still attached
to the frame.  I can't figure out how it's fastened on there.  I really
don't want to unbolt the entire rear brake assembly when only the lever
is broken.  Any experience with this?

- --Ben