RE: [ST] Stalling

The basics:
Check for vacuum leaks in the hoses and the body of the idle stepper motor,
around the manifold connections to the cylinder head and at the throttle
shafts - these are the critical areas.  You can spray wd-40 or carb clean or
flow a small amount of propane onto suspected areas and listen for changes
in engine speed.  While you're at it lube the throttle cable(s) and the
throttle shafts to assure nothing is hanging up.

While the airbox is off, inspect the spark plugs for fouling, excessive gap
and such.  If in doubt, replace them.  Look for corrosion at the
coil-to-spark plug connectors.  Synch the throttle bodies.

Using the TuneBoy reset the closed throttle position and the idle stepper
motor.  In pre-'02 models set the idle CO to 2.5 to 3.0% after loading the
latest tune.  On later models, the O2 sensor controls idle trim.
HTH,
- --Rick in Oregon
  '01 Sprint ST