Re: [ST] Stalling

Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 5:39:00 AM, ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Granted I installed a Two Brothers can on my RS, so I'll need
> a new EFI tune.  But.

I doubt that has anything to do with stalling.

> There's really only the air box and the connection to the
> throttle body, right?  So it must either be the airbox seal or
> one of the three rubber sleeves that connect to the throttle
> body that sprung a leak.

There is also the throttle stepper motor housing; cracking of
this housing is not uncommon and leads to air leaking into the
throttle bodies, thereby unbalancing the air-fuel ratio.  This
was a problem on my RS.  You should have your mechanic check this
item for cracks; if it is, there is a procedure (from the
factory, I guess) to fix it using a soldering iron to fuse the
plastic back together, or it needs to be replaced with a new
part.

Ultimately, there were more things wrong with my RS than the
housing, but that did solve my stalling for a while.

- -Keith
'03 Blackbird

End of st-digest V2004 #791