Re: [ST] Lost in WikiWorld

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, STeve Duncan wrote:

> >From: Paul English <tallpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >

> >In my previous post I should have pointed to the FAQ about Wiki's:
> >
> >http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiGettingStartedFaq
> >

> Paul, now I'm gonna HavtaKillya.  I've just spent the last three hours lost
> in WikiWorld.  Can't say I understand a lot of it, but it is fascinating
> !!!!!!

3 hours! Not bad. :-)

Hee...the UpperLowerCase = "link to another Wiki page" thing is both
annoying and useful. Fortunately you can make normal looking links instead
if you like.

> I feel like I've just rounded a corner only to find a huge chasm opened in
> front of me.
>
> Can't wait to get home and surf the Wiki landscape some more.  Who knows?  I
> might even try my hand at creating a page.

Thinking about this actually prompted me to do a search for
motorcycle-related Wiki's and I didn't find much. It was a little
surprising to me, given how very eager the motorcycle community is for
exchange of information - FAQ's, mailing lists & archives, "howto" web
pages etc.

If you feel like creating something... I notice that Wikipedia only has a
very terse page on "Triumph Motorcycles"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Motorcycles
And no page at all about our beloved Triumph Sprint ST/RS. :-)

> Thanks for a truly eye opening experience.  I hate you now   :--))

Bwahahaha.... more fun ways to waste time on the internet!

There's a lot more you can do with them. I have a "family wiki" at home...
I keep a table of all the bills and when they are due and about how much
to expect for each one and links to their websites, a list of house
projects, vehicle projects, groceries, as well as how to configure our
Wireless access point and shut off the water, etc. :-) A lot of people use
them for personal journalling (ie: not even shared on the web), or public
blogging.

There...that email should be good for another few hours of your life. :-)