[ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #793

In a message dated 2/9/05 10:15:43 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< What sort of mileage are you people with these oiling systems getting from
y=
our chains? >>

I just had my 24,000 mile service, and my original stock chain is still good,
using a Scottoiler since about  the 6,000 mile service. I got a bottle of
chainsaw bar oil recently, and it looks and pours just like the Scottoil. I am
planning to use it the next time I top up.
BTW the problem I mentioned a few months ago, with my oiler at first not
delivering any oil, and then dripping when the engine was off is OK now. I jiggled
the needle up and down, by rapidly disconnecting and connecting the vacuum
line, where it inerts into the top of the resevoir,  with the dial in "prime"
position, and the engine on, and since then it has been working normally. Dave
Collins, San Diego