Re: [ST] What do you do?

I worked for a Suzuki/Ducati dealer back in 1985 when I was racing. I
was working part time in sales, and never took home a paycheck. Seems I
always had a debt in the parts department to pay off.

Moving bikes is no fun. This was back in the days of the Calvacade,
quite possibly one of the biggest tanks to ever be called a motorcycle.
You always made sure at the end of the day to get in the rotation of
moving the bikes back in so you didn't end up with the last one,
because it was always the Calvacade.

I still have nightmares moving bikes.

On Feb 11, 2005, at 7:54 AM, Al Garvin wrote:

> Do any of you guys or gals actually work in the Motorcycle Industry? I
> have always wanted to work where my hobby takes me,  but got stuck in
> the electronics industry. It pays for my habit. I thought I would like
> to work in a motorcycle shop, till I saw all those bike sitting out
> front in the morning and setting  inside at night and then came to the
> realization that someone has to move them every day, Bummer.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned

End of st-digest V2004 #799