[ST] Boots, Women's Self Defense, L.A., AMA

Been on a new job (teaching game programmers how to write
software...funny as hell since I don't play games or write software) so
catching up on lots of pints, sorry, points:

1) I wear Sidi Onroad Sympatex for commuting, comfy to walk in, not too
geeky-looking under pants, completely waterproof...I have some Daytona
Security boots for trackdaz...

2) I strongly encourage women to take an IMPACT or similar combatives
class; all three of my wives have been through it and each of them has
managed to kick my ass in some way...<g>. Our friend CJ Songer is a
mystery writer and invited Tenacious G to be part of a shooting
class/women's calendar
(http://hometown.aol.com/Indydaycal/IndyDay1.html) so now I'm in serious
trouble. (It was a fun day, the men cooked lunch, gossiped, and reloaded
magazines all day)

3) iPat, the Electronic Arts offices are about 10minutes from LAX, and
I've lived in the area for 25 years. Let me know if there's anything
particular you want to find/do and I can probably point you there, plus
it'd be fun to connect with some listers and take you out to dinner.

4) As soon as I can find my AMA card, I'll send the info offlist.

Now off to fix the heated grips...it's in the 60's here in LA!!

Marc