Re: [ST] Boots, Women's Self Defense, L.A., AMA

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:14:48 -0800, Marc Danziger

> 2) I strongly encourage women to take an IMPACT or similar combatives
> class; all three of my wives have been through it and each of them has
> managed to kick my ass in some way...<g>.

some of these self defence courses are useless though. Using a bike as
an analogy, its like teaching someone how to land if they go into a
slide. What the emphasis should be imho is on avoidance of the crash
by awareness of all possible factors

> 3) iPat, the Electronic Arts offices are about 10minutes from LAX, and
> I've lived in the area for 25 years. Let me know if there's anything
> particular you want to find/do and I can probably point you there, plus
> it'd be fun to connect with some listers and take you out to dinner.

Very kind and hope we can get together. Once i know what the itinery
is ill be able to contact people, but its usually an intensive period.

- --
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow
"Truth is a pathless land. Man cannot come to it through any
organisation, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual,
nor through any philosophic knowledge or psychological technique. He
has to find it through the mirror of relationship, through the
understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation and
not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection..."