RE: [ST] What do you do?

Just a quick calculation:

3 employees; a Mechanic, Parts Guy and Bookkeeper - $9,000 US a month
(the bookkeeper is the most important, BTW)

Rent- 1500 SqFt @ $20 SqFt - $2500 a month

Electricity/other utilities - $500 a month

Insurance - A WAG here, but say $400 a month

OK, now we have the door opened.  $12,400 a month, every month and
anything you don't pay for gets turned off or leaves.  There are no
bikes on the floor, no parts in the bin, no advertising, no telephone to
answer and no compensation for the owner(s) who is putting up all the
capital and more hours than the other staff combined.

Who wants to be first to open a new dealership?

Andrew F. Kay, Jr.
Riders of the Lost Empire, LC,  13355 79th Street, Fellsmere, FL 32948
www.lostempire.com   andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Sound, sound the clarion, fill the fife, throughout the sensual world
proclaim, one crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a
name." Thomas Osbert Mordaunt, 1730-1809