A Lurker Steps Out of the Shadows... (was: RE: [ST] Re: new topic)

I've been meaning to step out of the shadows for a while.  This email from
Nate Maher about the contents of his desk finally gave me the push I needed.

A little about me.  I'm a 30-something engineer.  I live in a suburb of
Seattle, WA. Kent in case you really care to look it up.  Last spring I
decided to start riding again after 15 years off.  I had previously ridden
an 81 Honda XL185S and an 82 XL125S.  I bought a used 2003 SV650.  It was
pretty small and had plenty of power.  I figured my wife wouldn't want to
ride with me very much so it was perfect.  Long story short, after 3 months
and 1,300 I traded the SV in on a shiny new 2004 silver Sprint ST.  It seems
my wife does like to ride on the back.  I really like the ST for all the
reasons that have been mentioned before.  Mostly I like the uniqueness and
the triple sound.  I haven't seen another silver one around Seattle yet.  As
for the wife, a few months ago I bought her a 1983 Honda Ascot so she can
learn to ride this summer.

Thanks for listening.

Rob Brown
Kent, WA
04 ST

p.s.  Nate, I took that test too.  The civil PE anyway.  It sucked.  Glad I
only had to take it once.  I don't have my stamp on my desk, I still haven't
ordered one since we are electronic.  Instead I have an empty bottle of
Mickey's Fine Malt Liquor with the notification letter from the Department
of Licensing rolled up inside.  The beer was going to celebrate the day or
dull the pain.  Luckily it was the former.  I carried the bottle with me to
the mailbox everyday for a week waiting for the letter.  It was the week of
Christmas 2003.  I'm sure I looked funny downing a beer at the mailbox
before noon on Christmas Eve and dancing in the street.  Then again, if some
of the list members lived on my street I'd be the normal one. :)