Re: [ST] What do you do?

In a previous email, STeve Duncan wrote:
> The owner of my shop, drives a 5 year old truck and lives in a modest home.
> He does not play golf, or belong to a country club   :--))
>
> In fact, I don't know ANY rich dealership owners.  Well maybe the Harley
> dealership  ;=}

A few years ago our minivan was hit in a parking lot by some moron
driving a white vehicle. We never found the person. I new that our
deductible was going to be about the cost of the the repair so we didn't
get the insurance company involved.

I drove around to several area body shops to get quotes. While I was
sitting in one guy's office I started to look at the stuff on the walls.
A big stuffed bluefish. Pictures of a huge fishing boat. Pictures of him
and some other guys on said big fishing boat. Various pictures of Jags
Beemers and Mercedes. Mostly classics. Outside the shop was various
tacky statuary and wrought iron gates. His estimate was $1800. The next
lowest was $1200. We got the job done at a shop where the shop guy came
out and did the estimate himself. $850. With two teenage drivers in the
house, we now know the owner by name and sight.

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to
choose from."
             -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum