Re: [ST] Sprint 2002 Rear Bearing Failure

I did ask about use of pressure-washers (water at around 80bar) earlier
in the thread.  No response.

These can put water in your brake fluid; water in your bearings, water
in your tyres, water in your wiring loom, lights etc. if used with
anything other than the utmost caution.  This can lead to catastrophic
failures or accelerated deterioration of parts.

It also doesn't need to have been done by you, especially if you bought
second-hand.

These devices are very popular here at present but are nothing like as
useful as is imagined.  Even on your path or drive, they leave such a
clean surface that moss and other nasties will love you for it.  They
even open up cracks that might otherwise have lasted for another five
years if left alone.

Chris Harwood
'00 RS

>>> serlick@xxxxxxxxxxx 15/02/2005 13:24:58 >>>
Harry:
	I have never experienced any type of mechanical problem with
either of my Sprint ST's.
('00- 32K miles and '03- 4.3K miles) They have always been dead
reliable.
	I think you have received bad (defective) parts combined with
poor quality installation
and/or maintenance procedures.
	What has occurred to you and your girlfriend is tragic. I would
make an appointment with
a lawyer and take counsel. I believe you have a "textbook" product
liability suit.
Best,
HSS
Philadelphia