[ST] Re: REAR AXLE BARING SEIZURE

G'day all.. The latest news - got the bike back - seems (hope) all is
ok. My (HER) leap of faith is that next Friday we head off on a 5,000
klm trip, with my still injured partner as pillion.

I have investigated this rear axle incident a bit and have found some
more disturbing news. There is at least 1 other Sydney rider that had
this happen recently on a 2004 model at 6000 klm - there was someone
killed in the UK and another person killed in South Australia - all
from rear axle seizing. I really think the company has something to
answer to all of us, and I will take this up with their Australian
office - if no satisfactory outcome, I will then take this to the UK
headquarters.

By copy of this mail and this forum, please check with your ST mates
and come back with as many recorded occurrences of rear axle problems.

We need to see if this is an isolated problem - and I really need to
get to the bottom of the cause.

Cheers / Harry 2002 ST, 30,000 klm - now seized twice !!! - hopefully,
never again !!!

=====

http://au.movies.yahoo.com