RE: [ST] Phone Book to Hell The power of the internet....

>So solly, jinete, but Cross Reference telephone books were in use in the
>60's when I used them to find dead-beats for Sears and Visa (called Bank
>Americard then). Got a number, find the address; got an address, get the
>number.  Names for free.
>
>Every scenario you painted could have been done once caller ID went into
>effect, no computer needed by the looker-upper.  And stop giving your
>phone number to ex-cons in bars.  You are over your allotment on social
>diseases.  8>)))))))))

NO, still miss the point Andy.  Cross ref phone books anr not GOOGLE.

It is the fact that this info is so easily available on GOOGLE that I see as
the main problem.

Sure anyone can find anyone with the right amount of intelligence and
effort.
Google that's both of those requirements out of the equation.

Most criminals are lazy and stupid.  But they can use Google.

eL Donut
jinete en la tormenta

STeve Duncan
'00-Sprint-ST