[ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #832

> I'm at a point where I need to replace the rear shock on my '99 ST.
>
> I would love to hear how the Penske goes and any adjustments you make etc

I took it out for a short little putt yesterday (in a t-shirt - duh, now I'm
home sick on a beautiful day).  I didn't even set the sag or anything yet,
but it felt a little more...  planted I guess.

I've been riding for a long time, but still have a hard time identifying
exactly what issue is with my suspension.  I guess I'm just not sensitive
enough, heh heh.   I'm thinking the forks need something too.  It's not like
the ride is terrible or anything, but this bike just doesn't seem to stick
to the road as well as my old YZF, which had a Fox shock and Racetech
emulators in the forks.

The suspension guy I got the shock from doesn't seem to think much of the
emulators, saying that when you hit a hard bump they simply open way up and
let the oil dump through, and suggests simply changing springs and putting
in a lighter weight oil.  Having just paid $800 for the shock and $1000 for
the 36,000 mile service which included fork oil change, I'm going to put off
doing anything else for a little bit and play with the adjustments on the
shock and see if I can improve the ride.  I'll let you guys know how it
goes.

Nancy in Portland
02' Triumph Sprint ST
95' Yamaha YZF600