Re: Re: [ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #828

Hello Brett;

I had the front and rear suspension just redone by ProMecha done here in Melbourne.

The rear shock has been rebuilt and revalved, along with a new, heavier spring.  The
front end has also been resprung, as well as having a damper rod system put into it.

The result - it has totally transformed the bike!  I spent last weekend riding over the
Great Alpine Rd, and it was real learning experience for me.

It does not dive under hard braking, nor does it do the "bum walk" when I am cranked
over in some corner and hitting some hard bumps.  The bike is so different that it takes
a good long while to almost "relearn" how to ride the bike hard! No wallowing out of
corners under accelleration means that you get to the next corner quicker, and if you
have to brake, the nose of the bike just stays still, and lets you just set up the corner
nice and easy.

This work was done for about A$900 - much cheaper than buying a new after market
shock, I guess.

Cheers
Tony
'02 Sprint ST