Re: [ST] For all, donuts, pegs, and technique

>From: "Zoltan Pavlakovich" <zpavlakovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Nonono, wait - mine is much bigger than yours...mine is actually sooo big I
>use it as a peg feeler. Sometimes it's a nuisance, it actually slows me
>down.

ROTFLMAO !!!!  Peg feeler, that's a good'un  :--)
Hope ya have a little carbon fiber helmet.

>All joking aside, I had a scary one today. Some stupid lady made a lefty
>right in front of me. It was close! Adrenaline took over and I went after
>her. First she didn't want to stop, she knew she did something wrong but
>then I cut her off in the parking lot. After some name calling I think she
>started crying. I don't feel very proud of myself but will she remember to
>look a bit closer before turning? I don't know but I sure hope so. She
>could be turning right in front of you tomorrow. Today I got lucky.
>
>Zoltan

Now, that is some scary stuff, Zoltan, BTDT, and your reaction was quite
natural.  Feeling bad afterwards is pretty natural as well.  If she
thinks/sees bikes better because of it, then it's all good.

I witnessed something very similar last year.  I may have posted it then.  I
was in my truck headed home from work.  Sitting in a line of traffic at a
light.  I was maybe the 5th car back, small two lane road.  The car in front
of me had left an opening for a lady in an SUV to pull out of a parking lot
on the right, she was wanting to make a left turn, and couldn't see the
oncoming traffic and is inching ever forward to make her left.

Just then I see a guy on an FZ1 hang a right off the cross street ahead and
is coming our way.  Things started happening in slow motion for me about
that moment.  I can see the collision course materializing right before
me.........  bike is coming, lady is getting ready to floor it, just as he
is entering the impact zone.  I felt really helpless, didn't know what to
do, but knew I had to do "something"........

So I just laid down on the horn and yelled out my open window as loud as I
could NNNOOOOOO!!!!
I don't know if the lady and/or the rider heard me, but just at the last
nano-second, she stabbed the brakes and the rider made a perfect swerve,
they literally missed each other my inches, maybe less.  It's making the
hairs stand up on the back of my neck just typing this.

The bike went passed me shaking his head, the lady came past a few seconds
later, and which point I yelled again,,,,,,,DUMB BITCH..............I know
she heard me.  I felt kinda bad about that, afterwards.  If I had been the
guy on the bike, I would have pulled over, let her pass and followed her.
That would have been a bad idea, but I know I would have.

eL Donut
jinete en la tormenta

STeve Duncan
'00-Sprint-ST